Birnbaum Interpreting Services (BIS) is dedicated to equal communication access by providing the highest quality interpreting and related services, while maintaining a strong rapport with organizations serving the deaf, hard-of-hearing, and hearing communities.
OUR BUSINESS CONCEPT
Headquartered in Silver Spring, MD, BIS is a Deaf-owned and operated company offering nationwide on-site and remote interpreting services for government, healthcare, legal, religious, business and entertainment environments.
BIS has been providing nationwide Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) services since 1997 and continues to expand programs across the nation, to include spoken language interpretation & translation and captioning services. Our array of options makes it possible for clients to use communication methods they feel most comfortable with.
We offer accurate, responsive and affordable interpreting services utilizing a full complement of experienced professionals who understand the ethical, confidential and communication responsibilities of their important role.
- Our administrative team consists of Deaf and hard-of-hearing professionals as well as working interpreters to provide the industry and the consumer perspectives.
- We believe that interpreters are not solely on the job for the deaf consumer but that they are there to interpret for hearing individuals as well.
- Due to the constantly shifting dynamics of the business environment, we take an integrated and responsive approach to providing equal communication access.
- We are on the GSA Schedule as a contractor. BIS is committed to providing the highest level of quality communication in the government and elsewhere.
- All interpreters follow a Code of Professional Conduct from Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf or American Translators Association.
- Our culture is entirely focused on providing you with the confidence that you have chosen the best and that your communication with audiences will exceed your expectations and theirs.
You can’t always predict when you are going to need an interpreter, but with BISVRI, you’re always just a click away from one. BISVRI makes it easier for companies and organizations to comply with ADA regulations—and, more importantly, facilitate effective communication when time is of the essence.
- On-demand interpreters
- Cost-efficient time-saver
- Interoperable, proprietary software